Recent site additions, links, and announcements:
- Membership meeting is Saturday, April 15, 10:00 AM.
- Board meeting is Tuesday, May 2, 7:15 PM.
- Membership meeting is Saturday, May 20, 10:00 AM.
- Board meeting is Tuesday, June 6, 7:15 PM.
- Facebook page "Mike and Key - K7LED".
- A list of Elmer Coordinators is posted on a new web page.
- Sign up for Amber Alerts online.
- Web site revisions:
- Meeting presentation January 17, 2015:
"Computer-Aided Amateur Radio" (7,041KB PDF file)
- Meeting presentation May 19,2012:
"Field Day 2012" (1,115KB PDF file)
- Meeting presentation July,2011:
"Participating In Public Service Events Around Puget Sound" (173KB PDF file)
- Notes from The October 2010 meeting presentation by Matt Kozma, AE7MK,
APRS - Automatic Packet Reporting System (6,403KB)
has been added.
- Notes from The September 2009 meeting presentation by Scott Robinson, AG7T,
Basic Antenna Modeling (224KB)
has been added.
- Notes from the short class on learning CW, learn_cw.htm has been added.
- A new web page with the club bylaws has been added.
- The general layout of the pages is being revised. The major change is the
addition of the site links to the right side of the web page. Until the update is complete,
there will be a mix of web page layouts.
The Mike and Key Amateur Radio Club
is a Seattle, Washington (USA) area organization devoted
to all aspects of Amateur Radio Operation.
The club focus is helping the community through training
our members and practicing our skills through Public
This document is intended
as an introduction to the Club for new and relocated
Amateur Radio Operators in the area as well as a guide
for prospective members.
All information is subject to change and provided with
no guarantee of accuracy. (But we do our best to
keep it up-to-date)
The Mike and Key Amateur Radio Club was
initially founded in 1963 under "Pop" Brown, K7LED, and
was in existence for 5 years before disbanding due to a
lack of activity. In 1970, it was reorganized and has
remained as one of the most active and viable Radio
Clubs in the Seattle area for over thirty five years.
Activity in the Club is as varied as
the hobby of Amateur Radio itself. Within the
Club there are groups that engage in Public Service,
Contesting, DX, VHF/UHF, SSB, CW,
Construction/Experimentation, Packet, and Traffic
Handling. While the Club cannot be everything to
everybody, it does provide a base of support for most
Within the membership are many of the
prominent "doers" and "shakers" of Pacific Northwest
Amateur Radio. Members are encouraged to be "active" in
the Hobby, the Club, and the Community.
Use the navigation links at the right
to visit the rest of the Mike
& Key ARC web site.
For more information or comments, corrections, or additions to this site,
Please email us at: email@example.com or
Jim Etzwiler - KD7BAT.
Return to the Top of this page.
Return to the Mike & Key home page.
Copyright 2004-2017 by Mike and Key Amateur Radio Club